Tuesday 4 March 2014

Sensational 60s
The 1960s was a decade that began on 1 January 1960 and ended on 31 December 1969. The 1960s refers to an era more often called The Sixties That was the start of big changes and trends across the globe. “Cultural decade" is more loosely defined than the actual decade, beginning around 1963 and ending around 1974.
"The Sixties" as they are known in both scholarship and popular culture, is a term used by historians and journalists  in some cases nostalgically to describe the counter culture and revolution in social norms about clothing, music, drugs, dress, formalities, and schooling. The decade was also labelled the Swinging Sixties because of the fall or relaxation of social taboos especially relating to racism and sexism that occurred during this time. my project in college at the moment is the 60s we have produced a 1960s sketch book that includes interesting facts about the 60s techniques I have learnt for example I have a page on tie dye this was very popular during that time. I will upload pages of my sketch book in my next Blog to show you what I have been working on and what I have learned about the 60s. I have made a 60s inspired mid thigh length shift dress it is plan navy blue with a psychedelic flower pattered collar with matching cap sleeves. Using the psychedelic material i cut out each individual flower and i have appliquéd them onto my dress starting from the corner on only the right side of the dress. Studying the 60s era has helped me have more of a open mind and inspirations when designing I feel like the 1960s fashion is being used in today's fashion! For example the scolloped shorts, shift dresses, boyfriend coats, and floral prints etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment